Sunday, May 31, 2009

2nd practice in FB dance club~

Another blogs updates! This is updates is about my progression towards dance at week 6.I went to Thursday's batch Foreign bodies dance club. I went there on time which is 6.00 pm. I met a friend of mine, which is taking the same course as me ,Digital And Precision Engineering. His name is Yi Hao.Let me describe some of him, he is a better dancer as he succesfully joined the dance club in the first audition already, Different from me, I tried twice only able to join this club. He is a very friendly boy.Other than him, I also met with another friend. His name is Jia Hao. He is also a very nice boy, i knew him in the first practice.We do some cross-hand signal as we are FB's juniors. Then, we do some warm up exercise.Although it's a warm up exercise, it doesn't mean that it is easy. Those warm up exercise is kinda harsh. After the warm up accompanied by our seniors, all of us, the juniors gone sweat like its raining already in the club house,Block A239.

After the all the sweat, we felt relieved after the whole warm up session. The president, Fadhlan gave us a short break about 3 mins for a sip of water to avoid us from dehydrated. Without wasting much time, Fadhlan , the president taught us some new moves, which is basically moving every part of our body. Let me describe more, this moves is called ISOLATION. From the name, we could barely understand it. Which is moving the very specific part of our body while keeping other parts of our body in a stationary mode. It's not easy though, a lot of us undergoes difficulty but we are not left behind. All the seniors walked around to teach the juniors to acknowledge about the moves,ISOLATION. After an hour of practice of the isolation thingy, a lot of us improved and isolated very well with the beat of the music.

Then, the GUY's incharge senior taught us the down motion, which is moving our shoulder down and up while straining our tummy. The down motion is a very crucial part for a hip hop dancer as it must be mastered before we are able to make good moves in dancing. After that, the president gave us some break, 10 mins to get ourselves cool down. Jia Hao,Yi hao and me went to toilet together and drank some water, we chat for a while.

Regroup. 2 seniors which is the GUY's incharge perform a dance to us. This will be a new choreography for us. We are then divided into 2 groups, taught by the GUY's incharge. We are given about 45 minutes before the showcase begins. Our groups were taught by one of them, named Wei Min. He taught us all the moves for 45 minutes. Ofcourse not him alone to carry so many of us, he is helped by other seniors too. They taught us all the steps and practice with all of us by making the beats faster and faster as we counted them. The fastest one was with the music. I hardly followed all the moves at first. But i tried very hard and try to observe other's moves. Atlast, i succesfully dance correctly with the music.

We are then given another short break to get ourselves ready before the showcase begins. We are given numbers which is one to seven. I'm given the number of 7, which is the last group to perform the showcase. The showcase starts. We are given 3 times to dance same as the one in audition. As i can observe, alot of juniors hardly to follow the moves when the music is tune on. I think they are nervous when they step on the centre. When the time for me to showcase, I thinks positive and looks very confident infront of the seniors. When the music starts, i started to groove by moving my body in such a dancer way. When the real part started, my mind was blanked, i forgotten all the moves and just barely follow the seniors to dance in the first trial. I kept telling myself to dance in correctly. Well i failed for the 3 times. i felt very nervous and i'm not sure when is the real part dancing starts and i forgotten every steps. But nevermind, the seniors motivate us alot.

I will try my best to stay away from the nervous and practice well before i attend the practice next week! Although i didn't dance well, i learnt alot from the seniors!. Thanks you seniors for the teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment